Mashed Buttons

Critical opinions on games and gaming culture. By me.

Friday, April 13, 2007

What Ive been up to

SOoooo... now that we're all nicely aquainted... I should let you know what Ive been up to so that you have some idea of the direction of this blog.

Jobs: Ive been working a job called 'data categorization' where I go through game related search results and process consumer opinions from blogs and forums into numbers so that the companies can more easily make use of the data. I turn 'I cant wait for the new GTA... the Trailers amazing!. The graphics are Uber!' into 'anticipation, 5. Video Trailer, 5. Graphics, 5.'. I also write game related articles for my school newspaper, 'The Silhoutte' which has an arts and entertainment section.

Games: Ive been hooked ever since my mom bought me an Atari 2600 from a door to door salesman who was originally trying to sell her a vacuum (he must have been desperate for a sale!). Along the years there have been far too many infatuations... but some of the more prolific games in my past have been; Street Fighter (the whole series... one of the only games I could challenge the Asians at my local arcade at) Mario (of course) early FF games (played up until 7 before they got too plot heavy and not as fun) Anything from Blizzard (I keep my Warcrack addiction minimal by only playing when Nicolle wants to play) Counterstrike, Tony hawk and GTA since it was on PC as a top down game. I play just about everything that comes out, but those are some of the games and IP's that have consumed more than their fair share of gametime.

Currently im playing Super Paper Mario, Company of Heroes, WoW, SF2: Turbo, Smash Bros (N64) and Dead Rising. I bought Nicolle Okami and Psychonauts both of which she seems to enjoy quite a bit. I also just dug out my old magic the gathering cards to play a few games with some university buddies who also gave up magic cards a decade ago.

I have Wii, 360, Dreamcast, Ps2, and an FC Twin.

Anyhoo.. thats about it. Till the next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home